COVID19 – SITUATION UPDATE FOR CHRIS’S CYCLES April 2022
PLEASE READ ALL OF THIS IF YOU INTEND TO VISIT
No changes from previous – whilst obeying strict social distancing rules, we still want to provide a service as best we can to our customers, so the following guidelines are how we will operate for the time being. Please note that we will keep this policy in force until we deem it safe to lift it, whatever official guidelines may be. This applies to everyone, whether you have been stabbed with a needle or not. Mask wearing is COMPULSORY for all visitors.
NO CASUAL VISITORS PLEASE, WE ARE OPERATING ON BOOKED APPOINTMENTS ONLY
Please phone before visiting so we can give you a day and time. It is important that you stick to the time given so we avoid having more than one visitor at a time. Please arrive no more than 5 minutes before or after the time given, as this could affect appointments either side of yours. If you arrive early or late and there is already someone here, please wait in your vehicle until you are called. If you cannot make the time given, let us know and you will need to re-book the appointment for another time. NB – if you have any of the symptoms of the virus please do not visit!
Service or repairs
- Please ensure the bikes (or parts) for service/repair are CLEAN and, if possible, sanitised (dirty bikes or parts caked in oil, mud….or worse….. will be rejected). You will also need to remove any luggage or personal items from the bike before dropping off.
- Drop the bikes/parts off at the pre-arranged time and leave them in the metal bicycle rack by the trailer. Please DO NOT enter any buildings. Only one person (wearing appropriate mask please) out of the vehicle and please do not allow children or pets to run around.
- Leave a note securely attached to the bike explaining exactly what needs doing (with your name and contact details). If you require a quote before work is done, let us know.
- Bikes or parts will be handled with clean disposable gloves at all times whilst with us to avoid any cross contamination.
- When work is completed, BACS payment will be required before collection – we will give you bank details. Please phone and let us know when you have done this so we can confirm receipt of funds before releasing bikes. Alternatively, you can pay with cash on collection, but this must be placed in an envelope or bag which will be quarantined and you will be advised where to leave it. We are unable to process card payments presently.
- The bikes/parts will be left outside for you to collect at a pre-arranged time. Again, please stick to the time given, no more than 5 minutes before or after. We will not come out to you when bikes are dropped off or collected, in accordance with our social distancing policy, but if you need to speak to us, we will do so from a distance.
We can still sell bikes, but not in the way that we normally would. If you want any bike from our website that we have in stock (including electric bikes), you can buy it as you would buy a bike over the internet (payment in advance by bank transfer or through the website if it allows you to), only our bikes will be fully assembled and checked and you will need to collect them.
Bike Viewing / Test Rides (DRY DAYS ONLY)
The bikes may be viewed / tried for size ON DRY DAYS ONLY, as long as the saddle is covered, you are wearing suitable face covering and you use the provided hand sanitiser when handling the bike. Preferably, just the person trying or viewing the bike should be out of the vehicle you arrive in and strict social distancing must be observed. You may only view bikes by pre-booked appointment and they will be wheeled outside by us one at a time. Please note that if it is wet on the ground or raining, the bikes will not be brought outside. You are not permitted to enter the buildings as this is also our home.
This may not be ideal, but we regret that it is the only way we can operate safely at the moment, so please bear with us until things get back to normal.