COVID19 – SITUATION UPDATE FOR CHRIS’S CYCLES 15th May 2020
Whilst obeying strict social distancing rules, we still want to provide a service as best we can to our customers, so the following guidelines are how we will operate for the time being, until restrictions are lifted:
REPAIRS & SERVICE
- No casual visitors – phone before coming so we can give you a drop off time. It is important that you stick to the time given so we avoid having more than one visitor at a time.
- Please ensure the bikes or parts are CLEAN and, if possible, sanitised (bikes or parts caked in oil, mud….or worse….. will be rejected).
- Drop the bikes/parts off at the pre-arranged time and leave them by the workshop. Please DO NOT enter any buildings.
- Leave a note explaining exactly what needs doing (with your name and contact details). If you require a quote before work is done, let us know.
- Bikes or parts will be handled with clean disposable gloves at all times to avoid any cross contamination.
- When work is completed, BACS payment will be required before collection – we will give you bank details. Please phone and let us know when you have done this so we can confirm receipt of funds before releasing bikes.
- The bikes will be left outside for you to collect at a pre-arranged time. Again, please stick to the time given. We will not come out to you when bikes are dropped off or collected, in accordance with our social distancing policy.
We can still sell bikes, but not in the way that we normally would. If you want any bike that we have in stock (including electric bikes), you can buy it as you would buy a bike over the internet (payment in advance by bank transfer), only our bikes will be fully assembled and checked and you will need to collect them. Please note, however, that bikes may not be handled or ridden before purchase so please make sure it is the right bike for you before you buy.
This may not be ideal, but we regret that it is the only way we can operate safely at the moment, so please bear with us until things get back to normal.