COVID19 – SITUATION UPDATE FOR CHRIS’S CYCLES October 2020
Whilst obeying strict social distancing rules, we still want to provide a service as best we can to our customers, so the following guidelines are how we will operate for the time being, until restrictions are lifted. Please note that we will keep this policy in force until we deem it safe to lift it, whatever official guidelines may be. We do not yet know how the 2 week ‘circuit breaker’ will affect us if implemented, but previously bike shops were classed as essential services so we may be ok to carry on as long as visitors are not travelling from known Covid ‘hotspots’.
REPAIRS & SERVICE
- No casual visitors, we are operating on booked appointments ONLY – phone before coming so we can give you a day and time. It is important that you stick to the time given so we avoid having more than one visitor at a time. No more than 5 minutes before or after please, as this will affect appointments either side of yours. If you cannot make the time given, let us know and you will need to re-book the appointment for another time. NB – if you have any of the symptoms of the virus please do not visit!
- Please ensure the bikes or parts are CLEAN and, if possible, sanitised (dirty bikes or parts caked in oil, mud….or worse….. will be rejected). You will also need to remove any luggage or personal items from the bike before dropping off.
- Drop the bikes/parts off at the pre-arranged time and leave them in the metal bicycle rack by the workshop. Please DO NOT enter any buildings. Only one person (wearing appropriate mask please) out of the vehicle and please do not allow children or pets to run around.
- Leave a note explaining exactly what needs doing (with your name and contact details). If you require a quote before work is done, let us know.
- Bikes or parts will be handled with clean disposable gloves at all times whilst with us to avoid any cross contamination.
- When work is completed, BACS payment will be required before collection – we will give you bank details. Please phone and let us know when you have done this so we can confirm receipt of funds before releasing bikes. Alternatively, you can pay with cash on collection, but this must be placed in an envelope or bag and you will be advised where to leave it.
- The bikes/parts will be left outside for you to collect at a pre-arranged time. Again, please stick to the time given, no more than 5 minutes before or after. We will not come out to you when bikes are dropped off or collected, in accordance with our social distancing policy, but if you need to speak to us, we will do so from a distance.
We can still sell bikes, but not in the way that we normally would. If you want any bike from our website that we have in stock (including electric bikes), you can buy it as you would buy a bike over the internet (payment in advance by bank transfer or through the website if it allows you to)), only our bikes will be fully assembled and checked and you will need to collect them. Please note, however, that bikes may not be handled or ridden before purchase so please make sure it is the right bike for you before you buy. It may be possible to view bikes by pre-booked appointment, but they will be wheeled outside by us one at a time and you may only look from a suitable distance. Please note that if it is raining, this will not be possible as the bikes will not be brought outside and you are not permitted to enter the buildings as this is also our home.
This may not be ideal, but we regret that it is the only way we can operate safely at the moment, so please bear with us until things get back to normal.